Sunday, 8 February 2015

MYPROTEIN

Premium quality sport nutrition for every conceivable goal.

At the #nyLDNmeet last Saturday, there were lots of goodies to browse through from loads of different companies, from skincare related to food related, there was something for everyone! 

Right near the end of the event, I bumped into Jenny Watt, the Trading and Marketing Manager for Myprotein. I was super excited because my house mate kind of got me into the whole active healthy lifestyle, and bumping into Jenny meant I could get some tips also.

Being the clumsy person I am, I left my Myprotein goodie bag on the train, but Jenny was kind enough to pop one in the post for me, and I couldn't be more grateful. The thing I knew I was going to miss the most was the recipe book, as it had some mouth-wateringly yummy recipes in there, and after popping onto the website, you can find extra ones on there also!


The ones I am gagging to try out is the Choc Banana Overnight Oats and the BBQ Avocado Fingers (as they also keep for 2-3 days, super healthy lunch boxing, hurrah)! I was meant to try one out today, but I have ran out of time and now have to pop into work for the evening, but when I try those two above I will be sure to share the results and the yum-level of them! :-P Both of those are recipes of the website but these caught my eye in the physical book so keep an eye on my blog for when I try these out!


The other things we got in the goodie bag were 4 sachets to try and the cutest shaker! Now, obviously the first sachet I went to try was the White Chocolate Impact Whey Protein. Now, in the past, I have watched my house mate want to hold her nose drinking other branded protein shake products but OH MY GOD. This taste absolutely amazing! So super yummy, I made mine with milk but you can also make it just with water but I can imagine it is just as tasty. Who knew looking good could be so delicious?! I really want to try the Rhubarb and Custard flavour as it is my ultimate taste combination, haha!


There are more types of powders in the range than I thought as well. You've got the standard Impact Whey Protein which is great for your protein intake as well as pre or post-workout. The 20g of protein per serving helps to grow and maintain muscle mass. 

There is also a Impact Diet Protein, which also contains a high level of protein, but is added with the Instant Oats, which contains low GI carbs. This insures sustained energy releases and blood cholesterol levels are maintained. It can be used as a meal replacement or as a post-workout drink and mainly for if you are taking part in physical exercise and want to cut out unnecessary calories or fat in the diet. It helps reduce body fat levels but maintain the muscle mass to keep your body in shape! 

There are also shakes that can give you extra vitamins from super foods that are great if you don't get all your fruit and veg in everyday, and there are so many more than you can browse online, with different sections from what you desire from it, whether it's weight-loss, weight-gain or just to increase protein intake, there's something for everyone.


I've just realised how LONG this post is but I could talk about it all day! The other section on the website that I love is The Zone, where you can find recipes and fitness inspiration written by teams at Myprotein but also by actual customers, which I love. They've got all the 30 Day Challenges on there, as well as a 7 Day Workout for at home, which I will definitely be taking part in! I'd highly recommend it if you want to get into shape but not have to fork out for a gym membership!


Have you ever tried Myprotein? I'm already in love after one shake!

Philippa x



SHARE:

5 comments:

  1. I love My Protein, and considering how pricey it is I was so pleased to get some samples at the meet up! Some of the flavours are amazing, really looking forward to seeing what the white chocolate one is like! x

    Laura at Lola and Behold

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah absolutely! They've got some offers online at the moment as well, so I took advantage of that, haha!
    :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a brilliant plan, and there's so much more than just the shake - which is nice as it feels like a lot more support than other companies offer. I might have to take a look.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried it yet but I'm really looking forward to the white chocolate one! My other half is weight training at the mo too so this couldn't have come at a better time - I was really impressed at the generosity of MyProtein at the event, and how nice of them to send you a replacement bag!
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Let me know what you think of the products! I'd love to read a review and see your thoughts.

      Jenny.Watt@thehutgroup.com

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig