Thursday, 8 January 2015

The British Tag

Great British Bake Off. The Beatles. Countryside. A few of my favourite British things! I felt it only appropriate to do this tag, you know, being British and all. So pop your feet up, grab a cuppa and enjoy!

How many cups of tea do you have a day? How many sugars?
Tea is great, I just want to say that now. On a normal day I will probably have 5 or 6 cups I think. I'll have one sugar (or sweetener if its available) and green milk!

Favourite part of the roast?
This is the toughest question ever! I love parsnips and roast potatoes and I am salivating at the thought! I think I will have to go with the yorkshire pudding being my favourite bit. I have it with all meats but grab a bit of yorkie pud with a bit of beef and slathered in gravy, it's the most brilliant taste sentation!

Favourite dunking biscuit?
It has got to be chocolate caramel digestive! Best biscuit hands down let alone just for dunking, yum!

Favourite quintessentially British pastime?
I must say, I love a good ramble. To save you googling if you do not know what this term is, rambling is basically just walking! I love a good walk through the countryside, especially when I'm home on the Isle of Wight because it is the most beautiful place!

Favourite British word?
Too many! But off the top of my head, I love the word gander! Or knackered! 

Cockney rhyming slang?
Two and eight is my favourite as it reminds me of my nan and grandad.  It means state, like dont get yourself in a state/don't get into a two and eight!

Favourite British sweet?
Rhubarb and custards, hands down best sweet ever! Delicious! If you're British and never had one of these tasty boiled sweets, go down to Tesco and get a bag asap!

What would your pub be called?
I think I'd call it The Cats Pyjamas. I'd do all-day breakfasts haha!

No 1 British Person?
Michael Caine! You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off! Or David Jason. Or Ian McKellen! Can't choose, I'm too indecisive!

Favourite shop/restaurant?
I love good old pub grub, there's a place on the Isle of Wight called The Wight Mouse and I always make sure we go when I'm back home. If you want a chain, I'd probably say Nando's or Harvester. For shops, probably Boots or Debenhams (did you know Debenhams only sell British designers stuff, clothes wise?)

What's the first British song that comes into your head?
Can't Buy Me Love by The Beatles. The best band to come out of the UK, ever.

Marmite - love or hate?
Hate, hate, hate! The smells is enough to put me off, blergh!

Philippa x
SHARE:

5 comments:

  1. great tag! i really wish i liked normal tea (and coffee) but i only drink green tea!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to drink more green tea! I used to drink it loads, loved the Tetley flavoured ones!

      Delete
    2. Love this tag! And love the word knackered haha - such a British saying!!

      Beth // Bethany Georgina

      Delete
  2. I would go to a pub if it was called The Cats Pyjamas. I would hope that there would be cats lazing about in front of the fire there of course! xo
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would go to a pub if it was called The Cats Pyjamas. I would hope that there would be cats lazing about in front of the fire there of course! xo
    www.lovedbylaura.com

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig