Tuesday, 6 January 2015

2015 - The year of yes...and no?!

It may be the year of the sheep in the Chinese zodiac, but for me it is also the year of yes (and a teeny tiny bit of no).

It seems like the 'new year, new me' motto is a bit overdone nowadays, so I've got a better one; 'new year, better me'. Why would you want to be completely new?! I wouldn't. 

Better yourself. Do something you have never done before but have always wanted to, or shock someone by being a better version of yourself, maybe lend a hand more at work if you can, and get a thanks out of someone. A thank you is a brilliant booster, the person you have helped is grateful and that will make you feel brilliant and full of self-worth! 

We do this exercise at work where we get feedback off of our colleagues and then relay it back to the relevant person. Maybe get some friends or work mates to do this for you and make your aim for the year to turn around any weaknesses that people may thing you have. 

The year of yes part is that I want to say yes to more things outside of work. I'm a teeny tiny bit of a workaholic but I want to get out more! Go to more blogger events, days out, dates even, who knows!

The few things I want to say no to are work related. Less doing favours for others and concentrate on my department. Also, less working 6 days a week, take both my days off to make some me time!

Is there anything you want to better yourself with this year?

Philippa 

SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. I'm such a workaholic but it's what I love! I'm all about the better me saying, what's the point in changing yourself?!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love my job but I need more me time, haha. Thank you for your kind words! :-)
      Philippa xx

      Delete
  2. I love this whole idea of a better you rather than a new you! This should have been what people where talking about! Xx

    sophierebeccaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig