Friday, 5 December 2014

Day 5 - Books!

So I love a good read, I'm a big fan of a crime/thriller/mystery book and my favourite author is Stephen King so I do not expect too many light hearted books in my list of books I need to read!

'Who are you? What have we done to each other? These are the questions Nick Dunne finds himself asking on the morning of his fifth wedding anniversary, when his wife Amy suddenly disappears. The police suspect Nick. Amy's friends reveal that she was afraid of him, that she kept secrets from him. He swears it isn't true. A police examination of his computer shows strange searches. He says they weren't made by him. And then there are the persistent calls on his mobile phone. So what really did happen to Nick's beautiful wife?'
Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I need to read this book! Now I am not the biggest fan of watching the movie then reading the book but I went to see the movie and I need to read the book! As always there are parts of the book that the movie always misses out and I want to read those bits!



'A spectacularly dark and electrifying novel about addiction, religion, music and what might exist on the other side of life.
In a small New England town, in the early 60s, a shadow falls over a small boy playing with his toy soldiers. Jamie Morton looks up to see a striking man, the new minister, Charles Jacobs. Soon they forge a deep bond, based on their fascination with simple experiments in electricity.
Decades later, Jamie is living a nomadic lifestyle of bar-band rock and roll. Now an addict, he sees Jacobs again - a showman on stage, creating dazzling 'portraits in lightning' - and their meeting has profound consequences for both men. Their bond becomes a pact beyond even the Devil's devising, and Jamie discovers that revival has many meanings.'
Revival by Stephen King. King is my favourite author and I love how all his ideas are amazingly original and I can read just two or three pages of one of his books and I cannot put it down until I have finished it. He is an incredible author and I recommend all of his books!



'One cold night, in a most unlikely corner of Chicago, Will Grayson crosses paths with . . . Will Grayson. Two guys with the same name, running in two very different circles, suddenly find their lives going in new and unexpected directions, and culminating in epic turns-of-heart and the most fabulous musical ever to grace the high-school stage.'

Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Leuithan. I have been reading this book and it has been written in such an interesting way. Each chapter is the different Will Grayson if that makes sense? So one chapter is written by Green, and one by Leuithan. It takes a little while to get used to but when you do, it is a good read! I think when I have finished the book I might read it as two separate books and see how I find it!

John Green has also written The Fault in our Stars, which you may have heard of. :-P David Leuithan has written collaborative books before including Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, which I highly recommend both the book and the film!

Have any of you read any of these books? What books are you reading at the moment?

Philippa x
SHARE:

2 comments:

  1. Gone Girl and WG, WG are on my reading list, I really want to read them as they seem amazing. I've asked for any John Green book for Christmas so hopefully I'll get to read another amazing one!
    Mary-Ann xx
    Angel Flicks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah fingers crossed for you! I love his writing style :) xx

      Delete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig