Wednesday, 3 December 2014

Day 3 of Blogmas - My Favourite Christmas Movies

Day 3 of Blogmas already, I cannot believe it! By the time this is posted I will no doubt have bought NO Christmas presents, opened and eaten all my Thorntons chocolate due to stressing over buying no Christmas presents and tearing my hair out about how busy work is! My alas, this post is about my absolute favourite Christmas movies!

~

Elf

I love this movie so much! It is such a giggle and Will Ferrell is just brilliant in this movie, as he is in all his other movies. I think the story is so original and you just could not have made this any better! I think I only first watched this movie a couple of years ago after much nagging that it is the most hilarious Christmas movie out there and I have to agree. If you have not seen this movie, you must see it this festive season!

~


How the Grinch Stole Christmas

I absolute adore Jim Carey and how outlandish and out of this world this movie is! The make-up effects, set design, everything about this movie is so well done and amazingly put together and you just get taken into this world of Whoville. I also love this movie so much as well due to the fact that when I was a kid I went to Universal Studios in Orlando and actually met the Grinch and his dog Max! When I was that age it all seemed so real and was just an amazing experience (and they even managed to make it snow)!

~


It's a Wonderful Life

This movie is the loveliest, most beautiful, and the oldest movie in my list. A heart-warming story about the protagonist George and all he has done in his life to help others, with the help of his guardian angel we shall say. A wonderful movie that puts the thought into our minds of all the little things that culminate into the greatest thing of all which is life. It puts a tear in my eye every time I watch it and Donna Reed is possibly the most gorgeous woman!

~

Love Actually

I boo (cry) every single time I watch this movie and you have got to have a heart of stone (or no tear ducts) not to as well. This movie, despite it being festive as you like, I can watch any time of the year and instantly feel Christmassy! I watch it every Christmas Eve, by myself, and just curl up in my warm bed and enjoy all the lovely feels I get! Fantastical full of British cast members which is great and I love how it brings together all the characters at the end through their different stories. You've also got to love the 'All You Need is Love' wedding scene that I am determined to recreate if I ever get married!

~

The Holiday

Last, but by no means least, is The Holiday. What a fabulous movie indeed, with a lovely bit of Jude Law eye candy this movie is a must at Christmas, and I adore the idea of a house swap as a holiday, does this actually exist in real life?! A magnificent movie about two people coming together over the festive season with bumps and fun along the way. An excellent cast and yet again always brings a flood of tears down my face. Should Christmas movies make me cry so much?! I think I'm just a very emotional person, haha!

Have I missed out any of your favourite Christmas movies? Let me know in the comments and I'll have to give it a watch!

Philippa x
SHARE:

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig