Thursday, 16 October 2014

Simple Halloween Make-Up Ideas!

Halloween is fast approaching, it's been in shops for the past month but we're getting closer! I've never gone overboard with Halloween as I don't really have the time for it, but I do enjoy dressing up for work and experimenting with my face. I've never been trick or treating either, so I'm making the most of it this year. I've decided to quickly pull up some simple Halloween looks for you to try at home. Honestly (as you can probably tell), they took me five to ten minutes maximum!

  The Cat

For this look, I didn't use a base, I just went straight into it! I used the Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen, and the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Gel Liner. It's a pretty self-explanatory look, it consists of an over-exaggerated eye-flick, with a flick in the corner down the nose also. Then fill in your nose, make a line down to your lip and if you are daring, fill in your top lip with the black. I used MAC Speed Dial for my bottom lip for a pop of pink. Then add some dots above your top lip and stretch out some whiskers over your face. You can go even more feline looking by adding some over the top eye brows with some flicks in them, and use a heavy contour on the face.



The Zombie
For the look, I used Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow in Ivory as the base. I then used my Sleek Contour Palette to contour my cheek hollows and my temples, and used the highlight shade to just on the height of my cheekbone. For the eyes, I used Nooner from the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette, all over the lid and under the eye. I then used MAC Cranberry eyeshadow to add a bit more bruising. For the gash on my forehead, I used Cranberry first, then used Nooner to define the round the outside to add shadow and then added a bit of MAC Riri-Woo lipstick to add a bit more depth. I also used Riri-Woo on the corner of my lip and smudged it out with my finger.

  The Spider-lady



As much as I hate spiders, I love this look! I did my normal base routine, then coated my top lids up to the brow bone with MAC Cranberry eyeshadow, I also took a little bit of this under my eye also. For my lips, I used MAC Riri-Woo. I then took my Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner Pen, and drew on the details. To do this, I started with the straight lines, then added the curves in afterwards. I also drew on a couple of little creepy crawly spiders also!


I hope these are helpful and you enjoy them, let me know in the comments if you do, and also anything you may like to see me do in the future!

Tah-rah for now!

Philli x
SHARE:

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post, such a fun idea as well for those who are not wanting to go full on with the halloween costumes :D You are very talented, I'm a fan of the spider webbed one :)

    www.violetdaffodils.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening!

    We love your Halloween makeup :-) Great work.
    We have some at the blog too, at the right side under Halloween.

    Happy Halloween from Maria & Tina
    http://mariahoffbeck.blogspot.dk/2014/10/halloween-mandagsmani.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Love your Halloween ideas too! Loving the nails also!
    Happy Halloween to you too! :-)!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig